It was such an enjoyable drama with a warm story with a little bit of thrills on the side. Overall, this drama came with good and positive vibes and I’m happy I checked it out.
- Im Soo-hyang as Kang Mi-rae
- Cha Eun-woo as Do Kyung-seok
- Jo Woo-ri as Hyun Soo-a
- Kwak Dong-yeon as Yeon Woo-young
This series tells the story of Kang Mi Rae, a girl once bullied for her looks. As a result, she became insecure, cautious around people and withdrawn. However, Mi Rae decides she wants a fresh start away from bullying and gets plastic surgery to transform her face. When she begins university, she meets Do Kyung Suk from their middle school days, who sees people for what they are on the inside and not the outside; he then becomes attracted to Kang Mi Rae.
As Mi Rae begins to get teased once more and labeled “Gangnam Beauty”, the cold, aloof but kind inside Kyung Suk becomes the one person that stands up for her and in the process, Mi Rae begins to recover her lost confidence and discovers that true beauty is not on the outside.
- The story delivers a very strong message about looks and personalities and teaches you the new meaning of the word “pretty”.
- Though it’s slow-paced, the plot is interesting. Mag-eenjoy ka sa panunuod sa main leads at mga side characters. It was so refreshing watching all of them.
- Nakakatuwa mapanuod ulit ang pinakaunang oppa na nagustuhan ko, Kwak Dong Yeon. Bet ko ang character nya dito.
- May dagdag na naman sa oppa list ko, tho parang may kulang pa sa acting ni Cha Eun Woo, pero mamahalin mo siya sa drama na ito lalo na pag nagsmile na siya. (Ahhh my heart!)
- Overall this drama is really good to open eyes on how you start to look at people.
My Rating – 8.5/10
What do you think about My ID is Gangnam Beauty? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!
Not too long ago, lots of people on my Twitter feed were going gaga over Meteor Garden 2018, and so I dipped my toes in too, out of curiosity (yes, despite stating firmly that I had had my fill of the story via the J- and K-versions). I really liked the first episode, but found […]